Saturday, May 19, 2007

Midcoast Dining

Here are some of my favorite places to dine in the Midcoast area.
I grew up in the Midcoast, and so I've eaten out there a great deal. Here are some of my area favorites.

Salt Bay Cafe

We go here often with my brother, who lives in Damariscotta. The food here is commendable and the price won't break your bankbook. My brother always gets the chicken ceaser salad and it looks wonderful. My favorites so far are the mushroom crepes and the tostada salad. A tip- The vegitarian menu is MUCH more interesting than the regular menu, even if you are a meat eater.

Moody's Diner

An old staple from when my brother lived in Waldoboro-Long considered a classic Maine Diner. The atmosphere is better later, when the locals come in to party. Their food and service is tasty and dependable. Don't skimp by their pancakes or blueberry muffins!!!

Harbor View Restaurant

I was suppossed to go here tonight with my family, but something came up. It's right near the pier in Thomaston, with a lovely view of the St George river as it flows out to sea. I go there regularily when I go to see my father, and I have never gotten tired of the good food or the atmosphere. When I went a few years ago they had this wonderful lobster crepe (or omelet, I forget, doesn't matter, it was delicious.) The last thing I remember eating was one of their delicious steaks- they are a revelation you won't regret.

(edit-took my father there for father's day-still delicous)
Here is a great resource on the area-

The Real Maine

No comments: